Skip to main content

Looking Out The Window: Best-Selling, Award-Winning Author Nancy Mehl Talks About Dark Deception, Book Two In The Defenders Of Justice Series. Gives Away A Print Copy.



A Warm Welcome To Nancy Mehl

Nancy will give away a print copy (U.S. residents only) of her latest book, Dark Deception, Book Two in her Defenders of Justice Series. To enter to win leave a comment and an email address below.

She also shares one of her favorite Bible verses and a yummy recipe for peach cobbler.


Favorite Scripture

Now also when I am old and gray headed,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.
Psalm 71:18

This is one of my favorite scriptures. I pray this almost every day that God would use me to declare His strength to this generation and His power to everyone who is to come.

I believe books can leave behind a legacy after we’re gone. Not only do I pray that my books will touch those who read them now, while I’m alive, but even after I’m gone, they will point to the Lord of Lord and the King of Kings. What a blessing to be able to minister His love, His grace and His power after I’m in heaven! There’s nothing else I’d rather do than write for Him.

Favorite Recipe

For years, my husband has asked me to make peach cobbler “like your grandmother made.” Easier said than done. Especially since my grandmother wasn’t known for writing her recipes down. When we’d ask her how to make something, she’d wrinkle her nose and say, “Well, you take a little of this and a little of that, and you put it all together.” Pointing out that her “little” and my “little” might not be the same didn’t seem to bother her.

Then, not long ago, I was cleaning out a box. Two moves in the last four years means many, many boxes and a lot of things packed away and forgotten. I found an old recipe box I couldn’t even remember. I have no idea where it came from or how long I’ve had it. But guess what? I found a recipe for “Essie’s Cobbler.” My grandmother’s cobbler recipe! Amazing. Haven’t made it yet, but I will soon. It was the best cobbler I’ve ever tasted. Serve it warm – with vanilla ice cream! (By the way, she used her own canned peaches in her recipe. They were incredible!)


Essie’s Cobbler

1/4 c. soft butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. sifted flour
#2 can sliced peaches, drained. (You can also use fresh fruit)
1 c. orange juice 
1 c. sugar 
1 TB. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. milk


Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to creamed mixture. Pour into loaf pan, spoon fruit over batter, sprinkle with sugar and juice. (You can also use a little cinnamon.) Bake 45 to 50 minutes.

Oh yum!




About Dark Deception

Kate O'Brien's quiet life in small-town Shelter Cove, Arkansas is shaken when her past suddenly comes roaring back to life. Four years ago, she and her twin sister were attacked by an elusive serial killer. Only Kate survived, and she's been in witness protection ever since.

When new evidence arises to suggest the convicted man wasn't the murderer, she's subpoenaed to testify in the new trial. Afraid to go back into that world, Kate only agrees if Tony DeLuca, the deputy Marshal who protected her during the original trial, escorts her to St. Louis.

Tony readily takes on the assignment; Kate's beauty and inner strength made more of an impression on him than he expected. But when Kate's safety is threatened, Tony must race against the clock to keep her alive and put this ugly case to rest before anyone else gets killed.

Buy Dark Deception on Amazon
 Barnes and Noble Paperback
and Barnes and Noble Nook Book

Bio

Nancy Mehl is a best-selling, award winning author who lives in Missouri, with her husband, Norman, and her Puggle, Watson. She’s authored almost thirty books and is currently writing a new series for Bethany House Publishing based on the U.S. Marshals. The first book, Fatal Frost, in her Defenders of Justice Series, released on November 1st, 2016. The second book, Dark Deception, hit store shelves in June of 2017. Book three, Blind Betrayal, will be released in the spring of 2018. She is also working on a new cozy mystery series for Guideposts, The Mysteries of Martha’s Vineyard.

Readers can learn more about Nancy through her Website. She is part of The Suspense Sisters, along with several other popular suspense authors. She is also very active on Facebook.

Comments

Amy C said…
What a wonderful post with Nancy. I have been wanting to read her latest, Dark Deception. I have read almost all of her books. Love her!
campbellamyd at gmail dot com
Becky said…
I'm looking forward to reading Dark Deception! And the peach cobbler sounds yummy!
I would really like to read your Suspense book. The cobbler recipe looks so yummy! Thanks for the interview. paulams49ATsbcglobalDOTnet
Trixi said…
Nancy, what a treasure to find your grandma's peach cobbler recipe!! That's my husbands favorite dessert, not so much mine. I'll have to write this out on a piece of paper for my own recipe collection to make him :-) Thank you for sharing it!
Also, I love that you feel your books can leave a legacy for future generations. They can speak the love of Christ long after the author is gone. What a profound thought! Not that I wish that for you anytime soon!

Thank you for the giveaway! I have Fatal Frost and would absolutely love to have Dark Deception to add to it!

teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com
Anne Rightler said…
Thank you for the post. And the cobbler recipe. I have some peaches that may just have to be sacrificed. Looking forward to reading this book.
Anne at rightler dot com
Sonja said…
Very nice post. I have enjoyed several of Nancy's books. This one is on my wish list! The recipe looks delicious and I hope to give it a try! sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com
NancyMehl said…
Thanks to all the great comments. And thank you for stopping by!
Wonderful cover, intriguing plot. Hope it sells well! Congrats, Nancy! Love the Bible verse, too. Anen!
DiAne Gates said…
Oh have I been looking for a great cobbler recipe, and Nancy, looks like this one may be the right one. I have peaches almost ripe and it will be on our Labor Day menu! Thank you so much.

I love your cover and wish you every success with this new book. Going to be on my TBR list.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Out the Window: Welcome Loree Lough

Loree will be giving away a copy of her new book, Beautiful Bandit . To enter to win leave your email address with a comment.I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw one on Monday night, July 5th. Hi Loree, first tell us a little about yourself. Before I do that, I’d like to take just a moment and thank Gail for inviting me to her blog. It’s an honor and a joy to be here! A little about me, hmm? Well, I have brown eyes and blondish hair, I’m 5’1” tall, and weigh…. Thank the Lord those tidbits aren’t what you’re looking for! My dad worked for the Veterans Administration, so the family lived in a slew of cities. I held a myriad of careers to pay my way through school, and all that working and moving is probably responsible for my ability to talk to just about anybody, anywhere. For the past 20 years, though, I’ve lived in the same house and worked at the same job: Writing. And I love both. Being a people person is definitely a plus. Were you an avid reader as a ...

Looking Out the Window: Read about the Inspirational Writing of Regina Andrews. She Shares Her Thoughts on Writing and Faith.

Regina will give away a $10.00 Amazon gift card and a PDF copy of EITHER Light of the Heart OR Angels of the Heart. See below for Regina's question to answer to enter to win. Then leave your comment with an email address. Welcome, Regina. Thank you so much for having me on your blog, Gail. I am thrilled to visit and happy to share my thoughts on writing with you and your readers.  It’s wonderful to have you. Tell us about your latest book. I am very excited about my newest release. It is a reissue from Writer’s Exchange Publishing titled Angels of the Heart . This is book two in my Sterling Lakes series. What inspired you to write this particular book? That’s an interesting question because usually I rely on my imagination for inspiration. This plot, however, has one particular element that actually happened to me. In the book, developers come into town and their plans for a strip mall require the destruction of the Townsend Barn, a beloved local landmark. In re...

All about Award-winning, Best-selling Author Nancy Mehl’s New Book, Deadly Echoes, a Favorite Recipe from Nancy and a Wonderful Devotional

      A Warm Welcome to Nancy Mehl Nancy will give away a print copy of Deadly Echoes (U.S. only). To enter to win leave a comment and an e-mail address below About Deadly Echoes                                                                                                                                    ...