Skip to main content

Looking Out The Window: June Foster Talks About The Long Way Home, Her New Book About Walking By Faith. Gives Away An E-book.




A Warm Welcome to June Foster

June will give away an eBook of The Long Way Home. To enter to win leave a comment and an email address below.

June shares a devotional about faith that David Maguire, the hero in The Long Way Home, can relate to. He learns what real faith is. He has no other choice when kidnappers leave him and the heroine for dead in a Pennsylvania forest.


Walking by Faith 

In II Corinthians 5:7, the Bible says, "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

In my case, the Lord usually says no or wait. That's been the norm most of my Christian life. And that's okay. He's the sovereign, all knowing God.

Lately I've lifted a lot of prayers up to the Lord and in many cases, I've received a glorious yes. Which of course delights me, but it's also got me to thinking. Thinking about not just the answered prayer, but my feelings and my faith before the prayer was answered.

The period of time before we get an answer, be it yes, no, or wait, is precious, special but hard to describe. It's a place of intimacy, trust, and unexpected peace. Peace that only God can provide. It's a magnificent position in which to stand. A unique relationship with the Creator. We don't possess the object of our request yet, and furthermore we don't know if it will ever come, but still we walk in hope, spurred on by our faith. Hope that we'll attain the desire of our heart, though God may change what that is.

I am content in knowing that whatever God says, whatever I have or don't have, the God of the universe is in control and knows my needs. He hears and answers according to my best interest because I'm His child He dearly loves. Whatever answer I receive is enough. I can walk in peace and joy. That's walking by faith.



About The Long Way Home

David Maguire's tour of duty in Germany is over, and he's returning home to Oak Mountain, Alabama in search of a job. After a long flight from Frankfort, he shares an Uber with Dallas resident Jada Atwood.

Jada Atwood, a registered nurse midwife, is on her way to a medical conference in Queens. If only she could live up to her father's legacy at the hospital where she works, she could prove worthy of his reputation. Marriage awaits yet her fiancé has yet to offer a ring.

When the Uber driver must make a stop to pick up a passenger at a Queens shopping center, two men who robbed a nearby bank commandeer the Ford as a getaway car. But when they discover two passengers, they have to get rid of the extra baggage.

After the kidnappers murder the Uber driver, David and Jada fear for their lives. Will they find their way home or die in a Pennsylvania forest? 

Buy The Long Way Home on Amazon

Bio: June Foster is an award-winning author who began her writing career in an RV roaming around the USA with her husband, Joe. She brags about visiting a location before it becomes the setting in her next contemporary romance or romantic suspense. June's characters find themselves in precarious circumstances where only God can offer redemption and ultimately freedom.

Find June on her website

Connect with her on

twitter and Facebook

Learn about all of her books on Amazon

Comments

June writes compelling, wonderful stories. I look forward to reading this one. :-)
June Foster said…
Thanks for stopping by Gail's lovely blog, Melissa. I appreciate you.
June Foster said…
Gail, I enjoy sharing on your blog. How much more fun that we have met and become friends. The Lord's blessings to you and your family.
Gail Pallotta said…
Hi June,

Thank you. I love having you on my blog and am fortunate to have met a friend like you. God's blessings to you and your family also.
This sounds like a lovely story. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win.
Connie
cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Out the Window: Welcome Loree Lough

Loree will be giving away a copy of her new book, Beautiful Bandit . To enter to win leave your email address with a comment.I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw one on Monday night, July 5th. Hi Loree, first tell us a little about yourself. Before I do that, I’d like to take just a moment and thank Gail for inviting me to her blog. It’s an honor and a joy to be here! A little about me, hmm? Well, I have brown eyes and blondish hair, I’m 5’1” tall, and weigh…. Thank the Lord those tidbits aren’t what you’re looking for! My dad worked for the Veterans Administration, so the family lived in a slew of cities. I held a myriad of careers to pay my way through school, and all that working and moving is probably responsible for my ability to talk to just about anybody, anywhere. For the past 20 years, though, I’ve lived in the same house and worked at the same job: Writing. And I love both. Being a people person is definitely a plus. Were you an avid reader as a ...

Looking Out the Window: Danele Rotharmel Introduces Time Trap, The Second Book In The Time Counselor Chronicles

A Warm Welcome to Danele Rotharmel She'll give away a signed print copy of Time Trap and a “White Rose Prize Package”  It contains the following items. (U.S. residents only) • A white rose teacup and saucer • A white rose journal (Faith Sees the Invisible) • A white rose notepad To enter to win leave a comment and an e-mail address below She also shares a favorite Bible verse and recipe To Nourish the Soul 1 Corinthians 9:24, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” Fond Memories And A Yummy Pecan Pie Recipe  Pecan pie and 1 Corinthians 9:24 always remind me of my great-grandmother Kathryn. Kathryn was an extremely spunky lady. She worked hard, and if she wanted something done, she went out and did it herself. She taught herself carpentry skills and created elaborate shelves, bedroom closets, and kitchen cupboards. She even took the...

Looking Out the Window: Watch Me by Christa Allan

                                                                                                                                                                      ...