Skip to main content

Looking out the Window: Christian Author Carol Wilson James Introduces Her New Book, Always and Only

 


A Warm Welcome to Carol Wilson James

About Carol's New Book, Always and Only 



Caleb Daniels returns home to Texas after his wife has an affair and asks him for a divorce. When he temporarily goes to work for an ex-fraternity brother, he’s assigned to share an office with Aurora Prentiss. There’s only one problem: Rory and Caleb were high school sweethearts, but to please her father, Rory ended her relationship with Caleb soon after graduation.

Aurora Prentiss never stopped loving Caleb, but has always felt a filial respect to her father that makes her bend to his will. When Caleb returns, Rory thinks this may be her chance to make things right with him. The only problem? She's engaged to a man chosen by her father.

Will Caleb be able to forgive the woman who broke his heart years ago? And if he does, will Rory be willing to risk her relationship with her father, cancel the wedding to the fiancé she doesn't love, and finally make a life with the only man she’s always loved?

What People are Saying

Karen Malley: Carol James has done it again! The story was so engaging I had to keep reading, even when I told myself I would only read "one more chapter." I love how Carol James crafts her characters, creating such a deep, relatable connection.

What I loved most about Always and Only was how the characters weren’t perfect—they felt like real people with real struggles, which made them so much easier to relate to. Rory was trying to live according to what she felt was God's plan for her life. That struggle between desire, faith, and real-world challenges was portrayed so well. Rory tried to balance what she felt was God's will with her desire to please her earthly father, without thinking about what she wanted. And Caleb may have made some mistakes in his previous relationship, but he’s absolutely the kind of guy who deserves a second chance.

As always, Carol James has written a beautifully crafted story with compelling characters that I could really connect with. I appreciated how everything felt genuine and heartfelt. If you enjoy stories with a journey toward growth and faith, this one is absolutely worth staying up late for.

Mary Stalnaker: This is a story of true love. Caleb and Aurora were high school sweethearts, but her father intervened and sent Aurora off to college. After a number of years, they find themselves working together for the same company. Rory is now engaged to another man. Will true love succeed or will Rory settle for less? This story is beautifully written. The characters are so lifelike. I loved the whole book. It's a real keeper.

Buy on Amazon

Bio: 

Raised as an Air Force brat, the longest Carol James ever lived in one place was a year and a half. Maybe that’s why when she and her husband bought their first home forty-two years ago, they stayed.

Wife, mother, grandmother, and dog-mama, Carol loves writing stories of redemptive romance.

Comments

Carol J said…
Gail, Thanks so much for letting me visit and share about Always and Only.
Barbara Britton said…
Hi Gail and Carol. What a fantastic book, Carol. Congratulations.
Gail Pallotta said…
It's my pleasure, Carol. Congratulations on your new book!
Carol J said…
Barb, thanks for your kind words. I’m so glad you enjoyed it.
Penelope Marzec said…
I loved Carol’s book! 📕
Carol J said…
Penny, thanks so much for your comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
Regina Andrews said…
What an interesting post, thank you Gail. And congratulations, Carol, I can’t wait to read it- I know I’ll love it!
Carol J said…
Regina, thank you. And I hope you enjoy the book.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Out the Window: Welcome Loree Lough

Loree will be giving away a copy of her new book, Beautiful Bandit . To enter to win leave your email address with a comment.I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw one on Monday night, July 5th. Hi Loree, first tell us a little about yourself. Before I do that, I’d like to take just a moment and thank Gail for inviting me to her blog. It’s an honor and a joy to be here! A little about me, hmm? Well, I have brown eyes and blondish hair, I’m 5’1” tall, and weigh…. Thank the Lord those tidbits aren’t what you’re looking for! My dad worked for the Veterans Administration, so the family lived in a slew of cities. I held a myriad of careers to pay my way through school, and all that working and moving is probably responsible for my ability to talk to just about anybody, anywhere. For the past 20 years, though, I’ve lived in the same house and worked at the same job: Writing. And I love both. Being a people person is definitely a plus. Were you an avid reader as a ...

Looking Out the Window: Danele Rotharmel Introduces Time Trap, The Second Book In The Time Counselor Chronicles

A Warm Welcome to Danele Rotharmel She'll give away a signed print copy of Time Trap and a “White Rose Prize Package”  It contains the following items. (U.S. residents only) • A white rose teacup and saucer • A white rose journal (Faith Sees the Invisible) • A white rose notepad To enter to win leave a comment and an e-mail address below She also shares a favorite Bible verse and recipe To Nourish the Soul 1 Corinthians 9:24, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” Fond Memories And A Yummy Pecan Pie Recipe  Pecan pie and 1 Corinthians 9:24 always remind me of my great-grandmother Kathryn. Kathryn was an extremely spunky lady. She worked hard, and if she wanted something done, she went out and did it herself. She taught herself carpentry skills and created elaborate shelves, bedroom closets, and kitchen cupboards. She even took the...

Looking Out the Window: Watch Me by Christa Allan

                                                                                                                                                                      ...